Learning exchange on the collaboration of ILC’s intergovernmental and civil society members on land governance at the country level in Asia
8 Oct 2020, 3:30 PM Jakarta/Bangkok via Zoom
Interested in joining? Make sure to register yourself!
ILC Asia assists its members to build strategic and transformative programmes and provide seed support CSO members led platform in the strategy implementation. We support platforms that operate at the local, national, and international levels. Currently, ILC Asia supports 8 national multi-stakeholder platforms (National Engagement Strategies).
Those ILC CSO members led platforms at the country level promote People-Centered Land Governance, with a thematic focus on 4 major areas: (i) Land or agrarian reform (ii) Forest and Indigenous Peoples rights to land (iii) Rangeland and (iv) addressing land-grabbing and land-related conflicts.
Further, ILC includes in its membership several intergovernmental organisations working on land governance directly or indirectly, both at the country, sub-regional level, and regional level in Asia. While the technical and financial capacity of these institutions offers great possibilities to contribute to the ILC network efforts in Asia, the potential of these partnerships between ILC IGOs and CSOs members is largely untapped and is yet to be fully explored.
NES platforms take into account a plurality of members and initiatives and offer the possibility of promoting joint interventions to advance land governance at the country level, hence to develop practical collaborations with ILC IGOs and beyond.
The Asia Land Forum presents an opportunity to open the dialogue between ILC member IGOs and CSOs on their role and means to build long-term partnerships, on the opportunities and challenges of these collaborations at the country level.
To share and learn about current efforts of collaboration between IGOs and CSOs led platforms; discuss practical collaboration opportunities and challenges articulated around thematic priorities (Rangeland; Forest rights and IPs; Land policies and conflict management); receive feedback on potential collaboration mechanisms
- Experiences on promoting and advocating various thematic land policy and practice through national CSO led platform is captured
- Approaches and experiences of CSOs led platform to engage with ILC IGOs members is shared
- Inclusion of additional partners in existing initiatives;
- Identification of possible next steps to enhanced collaboration between ILC members on national and regional policy engagement, including IGO’s engagement in ILC supported multi-stakeholder processes and platforms;
- A shared understanding of practical engagement of member IGOs in ILC platforms at country and regional level
Date and Time
Thursday, 8 October 2020
3:30 PM Jakarta/Bangkok
4:30 PM Manila/Ulaanbaatar
2:30 PM Bishkek/Dhaka
2:15 PM Kathmandu
2 PM New Delhi
More information and registration to participate in other sessions at the 2020 Asia Land Forum