Working towards these commitments
Secure Tenure Rights
Strong Small-Scale Farming Systems
Transparent and accessible information
Effective actions against land grabbing
Protected land rights defenders
AFFM represents the needs and rights of its members through:
- Organising and strengthening Farmers’ Associations and Trade Unions.
- Expanding linkages with other organisations (e.g. CTUM and AFA).
- Facilitating services for members that support: Improved agriculture production and agricultural skills; Access to legal protection services and the realisation of farmers’& farm workers’ rights.
- Lobby agreements with national and local authorities and employers for a sustainable and fair economy.
1. To build up solidarity among small farmers by exercising our right to freedom
2. To form free and independent, democratic farmers unions which will protect and promote
the rights and interest of small farmers.
3. To promote living standards and livelihood of small farmers.
4. To promote the rights of farmers which are prescribed in the existing farmers related laws
and to achieve international standards.
5. To develop modernized farming for the intention of producing high qualities products.
6. To produce commodities for food security of the people and sell them to the fair market for
7. To establish collective producing and collective market.
8. To organize young generation and women so that they shall have the right to contribute their
inputs in the agriculture development.
9. To establish universal social protection scheme for small farmers, especially for the farmers
affected by natural disasters.
10. To achieve gender equality for female farmers in the agricultural sector.
11. To build up solidarity with farmers from International Community.
12. To preserves environment.
13. To exercise right to democracy within farmers unions.